Sunday, July 30, 2006

Out of Orkut.

The internet does have its negetive effects.
In my case its been neglecting stuff like writing the issue topic which i have to submit tomorrow,else i'll literally be screwed by Amit sir,mugging up Wordlist number 20 from Barrons,practising the six-string,blog-hopping,...n many other.
Really had to get a way outta this and finally came up with a "solid" thought...
deleting my orkut a/c.Really thought a lot over this,and finally i deleted it.


Told this yesterday to Sudarshan...was surprised to hear this and so was Ketaki....but i thought it was better to concentrate on the GRE for the next two months.
Orkut really helps to some extent...some groups,better known as "communities" do really help in getting in touch with people having ideas similar to yours.There's a community for bloggers on blogspot,a community for those whose names start with A,B,C...or any particular alphabet,a community for collection of new recipes,some for ebooks,ipods,rock bands,health,religion and many many more.
True it helps one get in touch with old forgotten friends,get in touch with new people,gain knowledge etc,but i had many other reasons than the ones mentioned in this blog to get rid of my orkut a/c.Ketaki must have got a hint of it now.
Its been a "crap" Sunday.Its pouring cats n dogs so cant even get out of the house...
I'm really bugged!

10 Comments:

At 30 July, 2006 07:27, Blogger Sayesha said...

Sigh... I deleted my Orkut account too... and got another one a year later :D

 
At 30 July, 2006 08:29, Blogger Ketaki said...

yes.. mez getting some hint.. and if i am thinking on the right track, then i must say u have taken a very good step.. and yeh, theres something left to talk about, since quite some time.. dint want to write it in mail.. will talk to you on chat sometime.. watsay?

 
At 30 July, 2006 10:04, Blogger P said...

Am with Sayesha.. I too deleted my account..went right back and got one again! (Sigh, Sigh)

 
At 31 July, 2006 07:38, Blogger Princess said...

Hi Just a few days ago i created an orkut account but I'm unable concentrate much on it. :)

But as i have made only a few friends out there no probs. I can convince them if have no time. :) No such idea jaise deleting orkut account.

Anyways, for you its a good decision as studies and future are more important than making new friends.

Friend Of Yours,
Aiz.

 
At 31 July, 2006 10:23, Blogger Rita said...

Yes, I agree that the internet does have negative effects. I joined a networking site sometime back and soon realised that I was attracting all the people I'd rather avoid. Result - deletion of profile!
I'm glad I'm not on Orkut.

 
At 02 August, 2006 20:15, Blogger Unknown said...

congrats on deleting it. i detest that site, inspite of having enjoyed the aspect of getting in touch with old pals. I have saved their email addresses and keep in touch that way. Now they keep me in the loop if anyone new comes into that orkut forkut.

best of luck for GRE

 
At 02 August, 2006 22:30, Blogger AJ ! Serendipity !!! said...

hey buddy
worry not u
u cud creat nother a/c wen u r in some good univ in d us of A :)
so best of luck with your preparation :)

 
At 04 August, 2006 04:56, Blogger Dh@v@! said...

Yeah agree… orkut is gr8.. it helps in all that way…
But its an addiction, and there are ppl who use it for some other purpose…
I think it has given me a new topic for post… wait n watch…

 
At 09 August, 2006 10:29, Blogger Neha said...

deleted...hmm.. somehow iv met so many ppl who'v done tht.. i wonder wat it is with orkut!!

 
At 11 August, 2006 04:56, Blogger Abhishek said...

sayesha: enjoy!!

ketaki:i mailed u...dint get ur reply....just tell me when u'll meet me on yahoo.

perspective inc:welcome!!

Aizwaikcha:I was really adicted to this orkutting stuff...thought it was time i was out of it all.

The_Girl_From_Ipanema:Thtas a sahi thing to do.

Rita:hope ur happy now.

Ajay:thanks a ton.

Dhaval:looking forward for the new post.

Neha: :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home