Thursday, November 17, 2005

Books...

Books have always been one of the favourites on my wishlist.
Just have a foggy idea,that years back,i think when i was in the primary school i enjoyed reading .Those days was a fullto fan of a comic ...yea, it was "Tinkle". I had even persuaded nihar to subscribe that comic...(he still curses me for it).Dont know know y da hell i spent paisa on it.
But as years went by, likes changed.I liked reading books which included fiction.One book which bugged me like hell was TELL ME YOUR DREAMS by Sidney Sheldon.Good author...but frankly speaking,i really hated this work of his.The whole script is stuck up like a chewing gum in the courtroom for about 3/4 chapters of the book,unnecessarily.I still have books on the shelf which i have yet to read...
WHEELS,EVENING NEWS-Aurthur Hailey...just finished reading AIRPORT.
THE BROKER-John Grisham...heard its a good book.
Here is what Grishams' gotta say abt his works.
"My background is law, certainly not satellites or espionage.
I'm more terrified of high-tech electronic gadgets today than a year ago.
(These books are still written on a thirteen-year-old word processor.
When it stutters, as it seems to do more and more, I literally hold my breath.
When it finally quits, I'm probably done, too.)
It's all fiction, folks. I know very little about spies, electronic surveillance,
satellite phones, smartphones, bugs, wires, mikes, and the people who use them."

Yea,its true...u need to have a lot of knowledge abt law if u gotta read his books.I have friends who have read the whole John Grisham series.God knows,what gave them such courage to read the whole series.
Recently shifted to non-fiction and i enjoyed reading IGNITED MINDS,GREAT INDIAN JOURNEYS and BILL GATES SPEAKS(courtesy-nihar).I already mentioned earlier....i am craving to read this non fiction work, FUTUREWISE.And If there's a mention of Italy in any books,then it sure must be some good book.
Finally who can forget the videsi "Sarkar"...Yea,GODFATHER....can anyone lend me that book for a day plz??Anyways for the time being let me enjoy reading READERS' DIGEST(da subscription commenced this month).By the way,this has been a long post.
Gotta go.I am late for the gym.

P.S:My broken tooth has been fixed....thanks to da Doc.
Also thank you all for the 1000 hits on my blog.

10 Comments:

At 19 November, 2005 02:45, Blogger Aashi said...

hey u know what??!!....i still read TINKLE sometimes....and i too dont understnd what facinates me in that comic!!

 
At 19 November, 2005 06:16, Blogger sinusoidally said...

Congratulations on 1000 hits!

 
At 20 November, 2005 08:42, Blogger Sudarshan said...

Hey Abhishek..Even i love Tinkle!! I subscribed to it until I was in 10th standard I guess...and I contributed articles to it too hehe..Even now sometimes I pick it up..And yea you have to read 'The Godfather'..Words cannot describe that book..its an experience!! I'm a Mafia Novel connoisseur lol and a diehard Puzo fan..I'm done with The Godfather and The Sicilian[absolutely stunning], and now I'm reading The Godfather Returns by Mike Winegardner. I've still got to read Fools Die, The Family and The Dark Arena..I wish to heaven Mario Puzo was alive!!!!!!!!

 
At 21 November, 2005 04:51, Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

I need to put ma hands on Airport..heard a lot about it, but neva got chance.

Second, congrats on subscribing to RD. Word of caution, stay away from those free books they offer, coz after that they will start asking you for money. Thats what I call cheap marketing.

And yes...congrats on finishing 1000 hits on blog!!

 
At 24 November, 2005 19:28, Blogger Keshi said...

what broke ur tooth? :) awww...


Keshi.

 
At 25 November, 2005 05:07, Blogger Unknown said...

Broke ur tooth at the gym or 'coz u got a 1000 hits! True Puzo is a great author!

 
At 26 November, 2005 08:36, Blogger Ketaki said...

hey.. how could 'tell me ur dreams' bug you yaar? its one real good book!!! but yeh, john grisham's work has always turned me off :( Theres soo much of law in it!!!

well, do let me know how u found 'airport'.. i recently happened to lay my hands on "Five Point Someone", and trust me .. its one hell of a brilliant book.. read it asa u get a chance!

 
At 26 November, 2005 21:51, Blogger Abhishek said...

af:think i shud have inested in something useful than TINKLE.

sinusoidally,randomthoughts:thanks.hope guys like u help increase da hits.

¤Ñ¤ : that name is weird...cudnt type it so had to copy-paste it.anyways,thanks.

sudarshan ruikar:Puzo is great.no need to mention that.

keshi:that was due to some great fall, long back.

arz000n:thanks,look up to u as a mentor as far as this bloggin stuff is concerned.n yea,i knw all that marketing stuff that RD is upto...so i am always away from those "free" books.

ketaki: dunno y...but i hate that book.yea law stuff does bug me too.

 
At 28 November, 2005 07:41, Blogger Ajay said...

hey man writing about books is gr8
I was reading that suppandi i think i dont remember the name...

 
At 28 November, 2005 22:27, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sabse mast boleto Bhagat..... Apna Chetan Bhagat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home